Largest industrial conglomerate to supply safer, cleaner and more economical energy. Sales revenue of € 9,500m, EBITDA €1+bn; 48,000 employees.
Renewables Division / WIND:
- Turbines: Designs, manufactures, assembles and commissions 5 MW high-output wind turbines specially designed for the offshore market.
- Blades: Manufactures rotor blades for offshore wind turbines therefore securing the supply of a broader range of key components. The group also offers long term service agreements to ensure the performance of all components.
Job location: Hamburg
Title: Senior Offshore Project Manager, Construction & Operations Division
Report: to the Chief Operating Officer
Mission: Overall responsibility for the planning and operational management of the construction and operation of offshore wind farms.
- Figurehead on all project activity; engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning
- Review Contract documentation and gain a full understanding of the Scope of Work and the Client’s objectives. Act as figurehead for the Client ensuring positive communication and relationships are maintained.
- Organisational structure:
- Assemble the project team, taking overall responsibility for selection of key staff, work breakdown structure and project execution plan.
- Organise machinery, materials, contractors and other aspects to ensure timely project completion.
- Operational procedures:
- Definition of the requirements of internal and external service provider in accordance with the respective customer specifications or terms and conditions.
- Ensure the preparation, implementation, and updating of the quality plan and brief all project members on its contents.
- Ensure that Risks and Opportunities Analysis is correctly applied by the Risk Engineer, and guarantee that requireactions are suitably implemented for the project.
- Monitor costs against budget, implement remedial actions in case of overspend and report as and when required.
- Ensure that Risks and Opportunities Analysis is correctly applied by the Risk Engineer, and guarantee that require actions are suitably implemented for the project.
- Managing a complex delivery schedule and budget, and accountable for managing a range of sub-contractors working on scopes of work you are accountable for.
Education: Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Offshore/Marine Eng. or a related subject; Chartered, or near completion of Chartered status, with IMechE or similar body
- Experience in the mechanical design and installation of subsea structures and tie in assemblies
- Experience of designing and commissioning rotating equipment including onshore drive trains
- Experience of hydraulic power transmission equipment
- Experience on offshore Engineering & Operations (wind industry, O&G, port management, shipbuilding or heavily engineered structures within marine environment)
- Experience of managing the life-cycle process of complex installation projects, from designing, manufacturing, installing, commissioning and operating marine systems
- Knowledge of industry best practice for construction/installation operations
Skills: Experience in the management of project teams
- Cost-conscious and results-oriented thinking
- Excellent project delivery, communication and organisation skills